Your Donations Help Refugee Women Reach Self-Reliance
It is more important than ever that we work together to provide advocacy and assistance to refugee women in need in our communities. Your support is crucial to our ability to make a difference in the lives of the local women we serve.
We’ve outlined what each donation actually does inside the walls of Women of the World so you can choose to put your money where your interests are.
Together, we can continue to make a powerful impact in the lives of refugee women and in our community. Thank you for choosing Women of the World!
Donations of Items
Women of the World is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization that accepts donations for refugee women and their families. Your lightly-used items can be donated to Women of the World and written off on your itemized tax deductions. Women of the World has little storage space for donations so your help in delivering donations not only reduces our inventory, but is also a wonderful experience for donators to meet their refugee neighbors.
Women of the World is most in need of the following items:
- Diapers & Toiletries/Feminine Hygiene Products
– these items are not available for purchase through the Food Stamps Program
- Kitchen Supplies
– pots, pans, dishes, knifes, and small kitchen appliances in good working order
- Household Appliances
– especially vacuum cleaners (washers/dryers if delivered)
– must be delivered directly to the family
– especially bunk beds in good condition, baby furniture with mattresses, kitchen tables/chairs