Sponsor a refugee woman in need...
What We Stand For
- Supporting Refugee Women
What We Do That Is Different
- Ongoing Support: We are there for refugee women after their other caseworkers’ mandate has ended.
- Customized: Our services are unique to each individuals, since their needs and goals differ.
- Woman Focused: WoW is the only non-profit serving the unique needs of women in the refugee community.
What We Must Do
- Supporting Case Management,
- Partnering in Health & Human Rights Services
- Support social network development & classes in English
What We Believe That Is Different
- Empowering women is fastest way to enabling financially sustainable refugee communities
- We ensure that the heartwarming and fulfilling nature of doing for others is conveyed in training women to be self-sufficient.
Join Our Next Volunteer Orientation To Learn More
1st Monday of each month
Next: 7 November 2016
Time: 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Women of the World Offices
3347 South Main Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84115
Contact: Courtney Bullard for more details. firstname.lastname@example.orgOur New Neighbors
WoW Facebook Posts
Self-Identity Social Justice Roots “My Story” Understanding Gender Healthy Relationships Communication Dating What breaks your heart? Voice Expression Community Sense of belonging Path Through Higher Education Balance Mindfulness Practices What happens when you put...read more
Beautiful inside & out. Originally from Morocco, Layla has now made Salt Lake City her home. What I admire most about Layla is she is always willing to lend a helping hand. She is so generous, always willing to share her culture through food and thought. Although...read more
“I want to kill myself. I don’t want to live anymore." What horrors did this young mother from Congo experience for her to utter these words in front of her young children? Mami is a late afternoon walk-in to Women of the World. She has cried through the...read more
The customized solutions and the impact they are having on empowering refugee women were awarded today with a Ruby Award, by the Soroptimist Club of Salt Lake City. The Ruby Award is given each year to a woman of distinction who has been helping women in our...read more
Mothers share a bond, whether they are mothers from Utah or from a war-torn country seeking refugee status. Women of the World and The Leonardo Museum are excited to announce that together we will be celebrating “Mothers of the World” by unveiling an art installation...read more
This year the 4th Annual Fashion Show was themed around the popular meme “Stepping Up.” Women of the World is constantly looking for ways to highlight the progress that our ladies are making in overcoming the odds and integrating into their communities in Salt Lake...read more